Friday, April 15, 2011

a dress form to make pretty things...maybe

On to round 3 Yip Yip!!

I love to sew! It gives me such satisfaction and joy to
create a tangible wearable something from just a piece
of woven threads! So, I make clothes for my kids,
other people, and other people's kids....but my poor closet
has been neglected. Sad, I know. But It's hard to do a fitting
for myself...awkward. So when my awesome friend explained
that I could make my own dress form with duct tape,
I was all over it!

I knew exactly what I would do for this week's project.
My duct tape dress form was screaming for some color...
or was it screaming for some cute Michael Miller polka dots?
Hhmmm....


With some strips of fabric modpodged on and
coordinating ribbon at the base and neck it's both functional
and pretty!
Yea!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I wanted to let you know that I thought this was brilliant! Love the saying at the bottom on the stand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I've been wanting to make one myself, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. You've inspired me to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Leave it to you to decoupage your dress form! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still need to redo my dressform! I'm starving myself this week...so maybe i'll enlist hubby to do it for me next week. haha. i like the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, I just read the nice comment you left on my shortalls and I had to jump over to your blog and take a look. I am so impressed! As soon as I get back to normal me size (I just had a baby) I will be making one of these dressforms. I love how you made yours so much cuter than the duck tape look! Anyway, I think I am going to have to follow you. Have a great day and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.