Monday, April 23, 2012

Quilt to bean bag chair

{Week 3 is up...you can vote here} 

My husband is a genius, but I'll never admit that this was his idea. A few weeks ago, he asked me: "When are you going to rip up some of our blankets and turn them into bean bags?" Me: ?? Really, I had no idea what he was talking about or where he got the notion that I was going to "rip up" anything....but then my crafty self thought, "that's a flippin' brilliant idea!" Unfortunately, I didn't have any blankets or quilts that warranted being re-purposed so I went a-thrifting at my local Goodwill and found 

this: 


Then turned it into this:



My anonymous model loved sitting and reading in it 
but abhorred the hat. Go figure.


8 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower:) And wow, that is the best idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS flipping' genius! I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, how fun! That looks so cozy. And I think we really are kindred spirits (I'm not surprised), because when I headed over to vote, I was scrolling through and knew your project the moment I saw it (or at least I'll be awfully surprised if I'm wrong--like, so surprised that I'll never trust my instincts ever again ever). And it was my favorite. AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Amanda,
    Youre so right that is a flippin' brilliant idea. Love your new bean bag chair. It has style, beats the store bought bean bags hands down.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this....absolutely fabulous idea! hugs, mb

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I love that your hubby came up with the idea! My hubby has those for my every now and agin! It looks so cute!!! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog and I am a follower now! Great ideas you have (and husbands do too, let's not forget about them ;-). Have you thought about making a tutorial? That would be cool!

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.